Designer products. Why so expensive?HISTROV
Our team has heard this reaction many times. Due to the fact that many professionals work in our team on products, we decided to tell you about the creation of the product (embroidered shirt, embroidered dress, embroidered skirt, any product with embroidery in general). I hope everyone understands perfectly well that each embroidery and embroidery technique is different – both computer and manual. Let’s be honest – not every hand embroidery and computer embroidery is of high quality. A little more in detail, manual work is time spent. First, attention and energy from the master to the person to whom it is intended and second in the process of embroidery of this product. Such things are generally bestsellers, but we will talk about this a little in another block.
And now only the facts on which the formula for calculating the cost of designer high-quality embroidered products is based (an embroidered shirt, an embroidered dress, a skirt with embroidery, baptismal sets, embroidered bags, embroidered robes – and this list can go on). Let’s consider one product:
- The cost of the fabric (linen, wool, silk, any natural eco-fabric, colors of your choice or choice for design of the product)
- The cost of threads (depending on the type, composition, density and manufacturer and their delivery to Ukraine)
- The cost of stabilizers, vlieseline , avalon, which are an essential part of embroidery (depending on the type, density, composition and manufacturer and their delivery to Ukraine)
- The cost of operating the equipment, starting from the embroidery machine itself, sewing equipment, buttonhole machines, industrial tables and irons (the so-called depreciation fund, where part of the cost of equipment is laid due to the fact that it must work itself out, spare parts and maintenance)
- The cost and service of special software, with help of which a program for embroidery on products is created, this program is programmed for the next stage in programming an embroidery machine.
- Staff training (we value the stability and quality of our products, the professionalism of our team)
- The cost of renting the facility for production itself and the store for the end consumer.
- The cost of utilities (water, electricity), if stabilizers are supposed to be soaked in water or heat treated with steam, and on the industrial equipment
- The salary of all participants in the process is calculated from time to time per product (designer, machine embroidery operator, fabricator, tailor, cutter, courier, packer, cleaner and office staff, that is the full staff of involved employees who create and promote this very product on the Internet)
- The cost of packaging (starting from the tags that are sewn on, the seals of the new product, the inner insert in the packaging, the branded box or branded case for storing the designer product)
- Logistics – the cost of fuel, the work of a driver or a called courier, or spent on organizing work (purchase of raw materials – its delivery to production, the road to the postal operator, if necessary communication costs, and so on)
- Advertising costs – model, photographer, hairstyle for a model, makeup for a model, handouts, printing, advertising manager for internet segment, website development and maintenance, copywriting, etc. Moreover, the delta of costs for Advertising services is not small.
- You will agree that after seeing high-quality content you understand how much the brand is promoted and professionally approaches its work, you immediately buy without hesitation, this is a large production and you can see the story about the brand and rebranding as a whole.
- Financial services (commissions and servicing of banks, intermediaries for receiving international payments, etc.)
To summarize, the materials from which the finished product is created cost not even 60%, but much less. The most expensive part of the cost is labor time and equipment, production rent. Based on the summarized results, each product contains an individual value because there are reasons for it. This list doesn’t even include expenses such as banner advertising, advertising in magazines, fashion events – for which a repeated collection is created and these products are not sold, the mark-up of intermediaries’ sellers, and much more can be listed.
Please, value the work of each team member and the product as a whole, we are not a masmarket. We create an exceptionally high-quality product and preserve embroidery as an applied art. If after reading, you think that this is still expensive, we do not insist on you buying from us. Please value OUR work and keep your comments to yourself. Thanks in advance from HISTROV team and designer TATIANA Shchurova.